AVCA Convention Tampa, FL
December 17-19, 2009
VCAP Instructor and IMPACT Instructor TRAINING
Come join USAV-CAP & the American Volleyball Coaches Association for a Volleyball Conditioning Instructor (VCI) Training and IMPACT Instructor Training in Kansas City, MO!
This Volleyball Conditioning Instructor Training may be limited to the first 12 registrants, so register EARLY!
We are also teaching a VCAP Conditioning Clinic (VCAP Instructor Candidates get a discount on the VCAP 12 Week Post-Season Clinic), and an IMPACT Clinic & Instructor Training, as well as a USAV-CAP Level I or II Course!
The VCAP Instructor (VCI) Training and IMPACT Instructor Training is open to APPROVED Strength & Conditioning coaches/ professionals and Volleyball Coaches with an interest in conditioning volleyball athletes in a volleyball-specific manner and have been approved by their Region to be Instructors.
IMPACT Instructor Candidates, Renewing Coaches & Coaches taking the Level II after the Home Equivalency MUST first contact the USAV-CAP Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (719) 228-6800 prior to registering for this Course!
So consider attending if you are...
1. A Volleyball Coach with a high interest in Conditioning their Athletes
2. A Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach wishing to Condition Volleyball Athletes
3. A Strength and Conditioning Professional with a high interest in Conditioning Volleyball Athletes
The VCAP Instructor Training will certify coaches to teach USAV VCAP Clinics to their local volleyball athletes and coaches, as well as potentailly be hired by the USAV-CAP National Office to teach such Clinics across the US.
The on-site and hands-on Volleyball Conditioning Instructor Training will begin on Thursday afternoon with check-in at 1:00 pm through 5:30 pm that evening, with a break for those who wish to attend the Semi-Final Matches that evening. Sessions will continue on Friday morning at 9:00 am with a lunch break at 12:30 pm, with afternoon sessions from about 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm. On Saturday sessions will begin at 9:00 am to the 12:30 pm lunch break & then finish up with Practical Exam appointments from about 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm that evening, again allowing candidates to attend the Championship Match if they have tickets.
VCAP Instructor (VCI) Training Schedule:
Thursday Dec 16 - Session #1 from 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Friday Dec 17 - Session #2 from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm and Session #3 from 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Saturday Dec 18 - Session #4 from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm and Session #5 from 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
CADRE May Include:
- Robert Brown - Performance Enhancement Specialist - National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM); USAV-CAP Level III Coach & USA Master Strength and Conditioning Instructor (VMI); owner, Robert Brown Sports Performance Center, Dallas/Ft Worth
- Ken Kontor – CAE, C.S.C.S.; Publisher, Performance Conditioning Volleyball; VCAP Curriculum Design;
- Diana Cole - USAV Director of Coaching Education
Click on the AVCA Registration Form to register for any of the optional AVCA Convention events (see full descriptions below) by filling in the information on the form… you can also add extras like Match Tickets, Pre-Convention Seminar, Golf Tournament, receptions and parties, etc.
You WANT to print out the Registration form or the receipt if you decide to attend any of the AVCA events. Keep this for YOUR records just in case you need it for the future. You DO NOT have to attend the AVCA Convention in order to attend the VCAP or Impact Training.
VCAP Instructor Course Fee at this site includes:
- 12 hours of Instruction
- Course Notebook, Materials, and Supplemental Handouts
- On-Site Practical Exam
- Follow-up Written Exam
- Certificate of Accreditation as a VCAP Instructor (VCI) upon completion of all requirements.
Accreditation for VCAP Instructor requires:
- Attendance at all VCI Training sessions during the AVCA Convention dates.
- A signed National USAV-CAP Coaching Code of Ethics (will be emailed prior to or you may download from the USAV-CAP webpages to bring with you).
- A successful USAV Background Screening (requires $25 additional fee for non-USAV members).
- Submission of an original conditioning article for publication.
- Passing grade of 80% on the Practical Exam and on the Written Test (the Written will completed after the Course).
- Submission of a Sample Conditioning program, Implementation of said Program, and submission of post-Program documentation/evaluation.
Upon completion of ALL requirements for Accreditation, a VCI Certificate suitable for framing and congratulatory letter will be emailed/mailed. Accredited VCI must then collect the equivalent of 6 approved CEU’s over the following 4 years, and each 4 year period (Quad) thereafter, in order to maintain the VCI certification.
QUESTIONS?! Click here to read our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about CAP at the Convention, or contact CAP@usav.org.