AVCA Convention CAP I Kansas City, MO December 14-19, 2010
Come join USAV-CAP & the American Volleyball Coaches Association beginning with an on-site IMPACT Clinic with IMPACT Instructor Training on the 14th, followed by a USAV-CAP Level I and II Course on the 16th-18th, wrapping up with 12 Week Off-Season version of the VCAP Conditioning Clinics on Sunday/Monday the 19th-20th. Click here for more information on the VCAP Clinic!
In order to participate in the USAV-CAP courses & programs offered in conjunction with the AVCA Annual Convention you must REGISTER FOR BOTH EVENTS. Click here to register for the AVCA.
Once registered for your CAP Course Level CAP students have the option of registering for either: FULL Convention+CAP or the Weekend-Only Convention+CAP format.
· FULL Convention+CAP allows coaches to attend any open AVCA meeting or session (including CAP sessions) with CAP Courses on Thursday the 16th until Saturday evening on Dec 18th (CAP students must also attend the off-site CAP-Only sessions on Sunday Dec 19). This registration includes all banquets, receptions, educational sessions, meetings and Volleyball Marketplace. Does NOT include Pre-convention Seminar, Golf Tournament, Texas Hold’Em Party, Under Armour® All-America Match tickets, Championship Match Party or Semi-Final/Championship match tickets! Coaches may ADD-ON these items and/or ADD-ON the IMPACT or VCAP Conditioning Clinics, or if qualified may add on the IMPACT Instructor Training and/or the VCAP Instructor Training.
· Weekend-Only Convention+CAP allows coaches to attend any open CAP/AVCA meeting or session beginning Fri Dec 17 through Sat evening on Dec 18 (CAP students must also attend the off-site CAP-Only sessions on Sunday Dec 19). This registration includes the Friday night Player of the Year Banquet, the Spalding Reception and Coaches Tournament, NOT include party/reception/banquet tickets on other days, Pre-Convention Seminar, Golf tournament, Texas Hold’Em Party, Under Armour® All-America Match tickets, Championship Match Party or Semi-Final/Championship match tickets! Coaches may ADD-ON these items and/or ADD-ON the IMPACT or VCAP Conditioning Clinics, or if qualified may add on the IMPACT Instructor Training and/or the VCAP Instructor Training.
How do I join either AVCA or the USAV?
·You can join the AVCA on their website (http://www.avca.org/), which gives you full member benefits for 1 Year.
·You can join USA Volleyball through your LOCAL USAV REGION OFFICE with full member benefits for 1 Season.
· If not joining USA Volleyball , you will need to add the "One Event Membership" option to your on-line order when registering for the USAV-CAP Course in Kansas City, MO. This option provides you USAV Secondary Sport Accident Insurance coverage for the course dates plus covers the USAV Background Screen charges (necessary for CAP certification).
· Bill Neville - USAV National Commissioner of Coaching Education
· Hugh McCutcheon – USA Women’s National Team head coach
· Alan Knipe – USA Men’s National Team head coach
· Karch Kiraly - USA Women’s National Team assistant coach
· Bill Hamiter – USA Men's National Sitting Team Coach
· John Kessel – USAV Director of Grassroots and Membership Development
· Diana Cole - USAV Director of Coaching Education
· Cecile Reynaud – former Florida State University coach
· Stu Sherman - former Graceland University men's coach
· Don Burroughs – USAV Master IMPACT Instructor & current University of Findlay assistant coach
· Pati Rolf – Eastern Carolina University head coach
· Robert Brown – Robert Brown Sports Performance, Dallas
Kansas City Convention Center 301 W. 13th St. Suite 100, Kansas City, MO 64105
Click here for CAP I requirements! Please disregard the Module paragraph as your modules are included in the course and the Expert instruction covering the Core CAP curriculum as the curriculum will also be different at the AVCA.
***NOTE:YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DOCUMENT CURRENT MEMBERSHIP IN EITHER/BOTH THE USAV AND THE AVCA TO RECEIVE DISCOUNTED MEMBER PRICE CATEGORIES! or print out & use the faxable form on the CAP Schedule Page of the website.
Only CURRENT USAV and/or AVCA Members are eligible for the discounted registration categories....if newly registered with either organization, FAX a copy of your membership receipt to the CAP office at 719-228-6899.